Drives: See Garage List! ;-)

Garage List
2010 M5  [10.00]
2016 BMW 340xi M Sport  [9.00]
2019 X5 50i M Sport  [5.50]
2010 535xi  [0.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
2012 X5 M  [0.00]
I suspect the question is,..what kind of relationship do you have with "the people" at the dealership?

I've been a 'client' of Passport BMW for many years,...since coming to the DMV area around 2000. Although I use to have a bit of trust reservation with dealers,...I let it be known upfront that I know my way around cars,...and in particular BMWs! They have never tried to hoodwink me nor have I tried to know more than they do about BMWs. I don't go in with a thought of,...it's making some kind of noise,...I tell them what the noise is,...its frequency and pitch, etc., and where it's coming from. The more I get this right,....the better they are able to determine the cause of the noise and repair my vehicle. Also,..I don't ask the the price of the repair,...I ask, "what's it gonna cost me"! My SA hits the ballpark everytime,....and even applies a discount, etc. Just like that.

Here's a good short story,...my X5M went in for scheduled service and the service called for the air filters to be replaced. The tech replaced the air filters and in the process, he discovered that K&N air filters were installed. My SA informed me that he had placed them in the rear of the vehicle. Now, had I known this, I would have removed/cleaned/treated and reinstalled the K&Ns myself. Now, some will say that it would have also been nice for the Tech to just inform me and not replaced them with new filters. True,...possibly.

As you already may have guessed,...the K&Ns will be reinstalled!,...that is, after being cleaned and treated properly!