View Single Post
      01-17-2017, 09:34 PM   #11
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
First off, no chance of an manual gran coupe here.
Second off, after having both, To me, 650 is not better in every way including handling (for one, the M2 seat blows away the seat in the GC in terms of comfort).
Third, I had an e60 M5 with stick. I did like it, but at some point, when the car gets that big, it just feels wrong with stick - well wrong is a bad term, but just not right?

Long story short, I have some very tight low speed turns on my way to work. With the 650 being so darn long, I had to wait until there were no cars coming either direction when making a right turn - because it was almost impossible to stay out of the oncoming traffic lane when making a right turn.
The GC is very long. I have a coupe and it really does feel a lot smaller than the GC. I can't believe you like the M2 seat better. It may hug better, but it is not as compliant or soft. Maybe you had different seats in your GC than me?

No car is "wrong" with a stick. A bigger car is a bigger car with or without a stick. But I think you would have found your GC to be much more engaging if it was a regular coupe and had a stick

The M2 just feels cheap to me (and so does the 3 and 4 series). Too much plastic everywhere and too cramped.
Appreciate 0