View Single Post
      11-07-2013, 02:36 AM   #16
Hargreaves
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7

Lovely spec Andrew! I am just starting my journey of cars of this level but looking at your track record there has been a bevy of beauties in the garage at your place!

I do agree with you about the pedal location though and despite lots of options with the seat I do find that after a long journey I do get a bit of ache around the knee. I'm just over 6 foot so maybe I need to shrink a little bit for optimum seating position? But overall it is a lovely cruiser and has power when it's needed although I would say that I do miss the immediate response that the M3 had though. What I mean by that is if you just want to 'tap' the accelerator to make sure you go through on Amber and not Red ;-) I do find that there is a slight delay on the turbo spinning up where as the 4.0 V8 on the M3 would respond instantaneously but as you say the 6GC is a big and heavy car to move. I guess the correct approach would be to move my foot to the right and brake and stop ;-)

Richard, I have had the car for 6 weeks now but I travel a lot around EMEA and to the US but I managed with a lot of little journeys and a load of night time runs to get there in 4 weeks. The service was easy enough and now she really does feel like she is loosening up. In the first service the dealer said that they replace the engine oil with a thinner option and I cant say that I can tell the difference in that respect but mentally the option to go over 5k RPM has a big difference.

I've still not really kicked it down yet as to be honest there is so much power low down I just haven't had the need to do it although in these wet conditions accelerating out of a corner can be interesting if your are slightly to heavy on the pedal.

It certainly draws a lot of attention and conversations with other drivers though so filling up at a Petrol station can take some time! At the moment I am running around 18.6MPG which is better then my M3 as that hung around 17.4 but to be honest that was much more of a 'drive me hard' car and when you are in that with an engine that revs to 8.5k and that sound it was just a different drive.

Overall it really is a stunning looking car and if I am honest a lot more admired than I had anticipated which means I get a smile when I drive it and a smile when I look back at her.

Few pics attached.

PS - I am a massive wheel guy - I think they make or break a car. On this one they MAKE it for me :-)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0