02-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #109
Reeses83
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes E550 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaBMW View Post
Ahh have you driven the Porsche Cayenne and Panamera? Nothing in the class handles and performs as well as the Panamera and the Cayenne.
If you look at the Cayenne Turbo S compared to the X6M it isn't even close on the tracks and the Cayenne is a full blown SUV. Look at the 0-60, 1/4 mile numbers and the X6M is faster but put it on a track and the Cayenne really shows it's heritage.

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/b...bo_s_mkii.html

Then we look at the M5 vs a Panamera Turbo S and the Porsche beat the M5 on all the tracks both cars have been on. Yes different conditions etc., but we don't really know if it all favored the Porsche. Also the Panamera is a larger car than the M5 yet still capable of beating a smaller car around the track is no simple feat.

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/b...a_turbo_s.html

The main point is that if you are going to charge more than your competitors like Porsche does than you better beat your competition in all aspects of performance/handling. Not to mention Porsche is always on the top in reliability easily beating BMW, Audi, and MB.

In the 650iGC comparison it is an all round nicer car in design but it didn't beat the competition in handling/performance and is asking for $20-30k more?
I think that the fact that BMW is discounting this car by $10k tells you something about the pricing of this car. Go into Audi and ask about the pricing discount for the S6, S7 and they will laugh at you atlleast here in Canada they will. I doubt they are discounting the AMG much either.
In the US it's a buyers market and I don't know anyone looking to pay full price for any car. USAA bank has a car buying service with exclusive member savings and the A7/CLS/6GC/ and panamera were all discounted. I didn't look into the S7 or AMG because I wasn't looking to purchase either one. Audi offered around 5-7k off the A7. CLS was 6-8. Panamera was 10-11k. 6GC 10k. Of course all discounts are subject to change and they normally do base on sales. When the A7 first dropped in 2012 the discounts were higher 7-8k. All of these cars were spec to my preference and with them all being within a couple thousand apart and the panamera/6GC at the same price I went with the 6GC. Who cares about three/tenths of a second? I think the overall package matters more. Also the A7 & 640iGC have the same stats.
Appreciate 0