wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 COMP PKG

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer78 View Post
Hi wzj519,

It could be that they have poor production standard for this particular V8 engine model. May be the M model engines were built better, or they simply are just not as common so we hear less about their problems.

I recommend getting photos of the dash with error message together with odometer count whenever you encounter this problem. I believe in good documentation.

Sorry to hear that you are in the same boat, but I do hope that this boat will stay afloat and get to its destination/victory!

Please update your situation. I hope BMW service in Canada is better than BMW USA.

Good luck!!
Hey Neversummer,
Thanks for your reply. BMW service in Canada is far more worse than in States. I have talked with my dealer about this issue yesterday and asked about lemon issues. The vice manager of the store told me lemon issue is only possible in states. You get good lawyer, it is possible for you to get a brand new replacement car. However, in Canada, it will never happen. If we get lemon, we just can taste it.
However, I did not bring it in for service because I really need it in the coming week.
I did contact with my SA who is my personal friend too. His saying really makes me think about trade in again now.
Based on his experience, it is possible that I am on a lemon ship now. I do have the same thoughts. My past two BMWs never had the issue in 6500kms. Come on, this is also my most expensive one.
He asked me about my interests to the 2014 m5 and told me if I trade it in I will get more than 8.5% diacount, so I just need to pay less than 9000.
How do you think the deal? Trade it or not? The car gonna be my DD, and I had never driven a monster power rwd car before.
As for m6GC, I gave up right now. Around 50k is a big amount of money, I prefer to use it in other ways.
2017 M3 Comp PKG 2017 MINI JCW
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0