View Single Post
      10-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
fishskis
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Adaptive Drive and Dynamic Drive and ARS?

I am ordering a 640i M Sport Edition convertible. Currently, the only thing I am adding is Nappa Leather.

But now, I am considering adding Adaptive Drive, but I do not understand it very well. Firstly, if I do not get this option, does the standard car come with the different drive mode settings (Eco, Comfort, Sport, Sport +)? Do these drive modes only relate to the engine/ transmission/ Steering(?), or do they also relate to suspension settings. If I do get the adaptive drive, what does it do exactly, and what is the difference in my selectability of the different drive modes?

I believe the ARS is part of this option? If I recall correctly, I had this on my previous 650, and I was impressed; but I never drove a 650 without it, so I really don't know if it is a big difference or not.

For those that have this option, have you done a comparison to a six series without it? How does it compare, and would you recommend this option?

I am currently driving an M3 with the dynamic drive, and while I do sense a difference in the settings, it is not always significant to me,though the "M" Mode button, which is great when set properly, creates a very different feeling car - if this is the same thing in the Adaptive Drive Option for the Six, I probably want to get it. That being said, I used to load up my cars completely; I am now trying to be more practical and economical with this one.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0