View Single Post
      05-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
New BMW 6 Series Spy Photos (with interior photos) 5/3/2010

Until now, we've only had one small little glimpse of the BMW 6 series interior with a short statement from BMW insider Scott that in essence alluded to the interior being a mix of the Z4 with the F10 5-series. Taking the best from both world would really create the ultimate interior environment. With these new photos we see a little bit more of the center console and it does look like the interior really will be a mixing of the two, from these pictures you can already see that this will be a very high end and elegantly appointed center console.

The F12 6-Series has been promised to be the most beautiful car BMW has put in years, and looking at the BMW 6-Series Gran Coupe Concept there is no reason to think otherwise.

In terms of the body, this will most definitly be a convertible, but the debate rages on weather this is a folding hardtop or a traditional canvas top. Even amongst ourselves we cannot come to a concensus, discussing with a colleague of mine yesterday, he is convinced this car is a canvas roofed top, while I still firmly believe the canvas is a faux covering on top of a new folding hardtop. The canvas simply does not make clean seams with the body of the car and doesn't seem very smooth which to me says that its just covering the real seams underneath that are part of a folding hardtop. The debate is sure to rage on

Release dates and specifics are still up in the air, but its a sure bet that atleast the engine line-up will be a replication of what is available on the F10 5-Series, including a twin turbo V8. Rumors still float around to this day about new tri-turbo diesel engine that would make its debut on this car, hope so

Make sure to look at all our 6-series related news here: http://www.bimmerpost.com/6-series

Name:  bmw 6 interior 1.jpg
Views: 21859
Size:  448.1 KB

Name:  bmw 6 interior 2.jpg
Views: 19023
Size:  594.5 KB

Name:  bmw 6 interior 3.jpg
Views: 20893
Size:  477.3 KB

Name:  bmw 6 interior 4.jpg
Views: 22843
Size:  560.1 KB