ChrisM6GC
Private
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM6GC View Post
I have the same shudder when going into reverse. On the initial push of the gas, I feel the back end shudder. Almost as if the driveshaft is getting brought up to speed. It concerns me and I am thinking of taking the car into the dealer for it.

I have a 14 m6 gc with 400 miles on it.

Any thoughts?
In case of my car I had them checked the rear rotors and pads first. Then differential and universal joint. They also checked the suspension. All good so now it's clutch time so, you can do the same and let them figure it out!
Maybe they need you to drive your car for another 800 mile by the time they perform the Brake-in service!
Update: I texted my SA today to check if the part is arrived. He texted me back that they have got clutch kit but they are waiting for Flywheel! with that said, now I'm sure the Flywheel was the defective part caused the shuddering and obviously worn the clutch.
My goodness, I didn't realize there could be that much that could potentially be wrong. Thanks very much for your feedback. My gut tells me it's definitely my driveshaft / flywheel. It's a very distinct shutter (1-2 secs) when first pressing the gas while in reverses. It's almost like there's some slack in the drivetrain that is getting "rung out" before finally hooking up and moving the car.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Appreciate 0