SkipSauls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 35d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine325ci View Post
becuase that trunk cut out is the look of the 6. you eliminate that then you just have a big 3 series. this is why the 6 stands out from the rest. no one is going to look at the trunk cut out line when you're driving by. they are going to say damn thats a sweet car hes got.
The trunk "floating" look I don't mind so much, in fact it's been done well by other makes as well as BMW themselves on the CS concept. What I find jarring is the diagonal line running from the corner of the window to the tail light, breaking up the otherwise nice lines on the car. In a different thread a poster has highlighted this nicely:

It doesn't look natural to me, but then again I don't like most "hardtop convertibles" that also suffer in the same way, although they at least have a reason for doing so. A dark colored car doesn't appeal to me, but that's the only way to somewhat hide these types of lines. I know it's a nitpick that some folks probably don't even "see" at all. As for what others think, that's not really why I own a car, and if I wanted more "flash" then there are plenty of others to choose from.

But hey, at least the rest of the 6 styling has moved on from the Bangle-bungles and Hooydonk-a-donk nonsense, so we have that to be thankful for!
Appreciate 0