09-29-2010, 07:09 PM   #18
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
If you look at the BMW Concept 6 Series Coupe which of course is more or less what the production car will look like.

You can see how the car at the front is very pushed forward especially with the intakes and how the car has become more edgier than the previous E63 M6 Coupe.

What the artist has done is enhanced on that thinking by rendering how the M car will look and he has an almost exact representation of how the car will appear especially in regards to the lower aerodynamics which you see on the production car how wide and large they are for the standard V8 650i Coupe.
Well M engines need a lot more air as does their brakes for optimum cooling, so it will see an increase in height and width with the aerodynamics.

And like the 1M Coupe. M6 Coupe is a Dr.Segler car so beginning with the 1M we will see a progress in typical M design and aerodynamics. M6 Coupe will be the epitome of this new visual look, that will be carried over to the M3 and next generation 1M models and whatever comes between these two future models.

A Z4M is inevitable - The 1M dies by 2012 as does the M3 by mid 2012.
The M5 will be available as it joins the X5M and X6M with the M6 Coupe coming later in 2012. This leaves nothing for the compact-medium segment for M Division. The same problem when the previous car was introduced , the M3 was just about dead and nothing to support the larger M5 and M6 models.

That is why the talking about a Z4M is getting louder again.
It wont be a V8 though - That engine dies with the M3.
Discussion lies with the idea of recooperating short-term development investment with the powerplant devised for the 1M Coupe.
This will help BMW recover development costs of the short-term units of the 1M Coupe.
Do you mean E9x M3 production stopping sometime in the middle of calendar year 2012, say in the summer?

That would mean the MY2012 would be the last unless there was an incredibly short MY2013.