Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmtl_135i View Post
Launch control should be:
1. Foot on the brake
2. Right foot all the way down past the click.

Way more easy than that confusing sport mode - DTC - M1 - praise God. And there should be a warning on the dash saying why it doesn't activate, like "engine not warm enough for LC" or "Can't use LC during break-in period".

That been said, that's a really quick time without LC given the conditions!
I've been saying this for so long! What's with these overly complex hoops I have to jump through to activate a simple feature? I think Porsche does it best for manual cars, just press a single button, and I know the new Viper has a Launch Control button on the steering wheel that lets you jump straight into it. There are a few other cars that get it right but so many of them make you press this, hold that, switch into some mode...by that time the guy you lined up next to will be long gone sooo what's the point of launch control? I guess I shouldn't care so much since launch control is useless on my car, but it seems like another example of automakers thinking they know better than the people who actually paid to own the car.

As for the comments about the M6's 0-60 time possibly being in the 3s...was there ever any doubt? The F10 M5 has been clocked under 4 seconds (Motor Trend got 3.7) so the M6 should be at least a tenth quicker than that. Is it a GT-R killer? No, of course not.
Appreciate 0