View Single Post
      07-23-2014, 05:00 AM   #5
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFerrari View Post
With all due respect, you're really going to compare the motorsports prowess/accomplishments and depth of knowledge of a Dinan vs a Burger Motorsports?
Well if you're comparing the same products that do the same thing that kind of proves where is the knowledge. Just because someone might do a little extra on a product doesn't always prove that it is better because of the price.

Dinan history shows minimal gains in every product. Their selling point is they offer their own warranty not a BMW warranty. If you have an engine failure do to their product I guarantee BMW or your dealership isn't the ones taking care of the bill. But if that helps you sleep at night more power to you.

Then again Dinan wouldn't have the facility he has if he didn't charge as much as he does. So in all reality don't compare knowledge because of what someone has in house compare to those who use the same product development that is outsourced.

The problem I have with Dinan is they claimed how bad the piggy back is for your car and then a couple of months they come out with a similar product. Don't get caught up too much on knowledge when the true knowledge and technology is because of BMWs ECUs sensory.

The DME is set up to protect your motor no matter what you throw at it. Even if you set up the piggy back to raise boost more than it can handle doesn't mean it will raise the boost automatically or gain the gains you're expecting.

I know from personal experience from data logging and all sorts real tests. If you're fuel is not right or its too hot the DME will adjust itself to lower boost, adjust timing ect. Just because your DME is set up to run 20-22 lb boost from factory doesn't mean it's always there. If you use 87 octane in your car by accident you will notice a power loss not because of the fuel but because the DME is smart enough to make adjustments

Any way sorry if you think someone's knowledge is do to their price tag and in house product development for I've been around BMW M's since I was a child an growing up modifying them and pushing them through their paces. I do alot of research and have a lot of knowledge but that doesn't mean I'm a better or a smarter person I just have a passion for BMW M and performance.

Good luck to all and enjoy no matter your choice.
G

Last edited by m6beast; 07-23-2014 at 05:08 AM..
Appreciate 0