shagler
Private
Rep
Drives: M850i

Garage List
2019 BMW M850i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
So, my take - get a 640 or 650 (xDrive if you're in a rainy or snowy area or even travel often) that's well loaded on technology, ensure you have some comfortable tires on it, and make it the ultimate DD. Then put a sports car in the garage with it to use when you want to head to those canyons, country roads, or a track.
I have to say that this last piece of advice absolutely resonates with me. I had specifically looked at E generation M6 when I started to consider moving into the 6-series and did not like a few things, especially the SMG transmission, as a daily driver...after test driving a couple M6s, I decided to take a 650 out for a spin and loved it. Bought an E generation and loved it. Once I upgraded to the F generation, I went with an "optioned-up" F13 and continue to be very happy. Oh, and after ditching the run-flats, it's a great daily driver.

At times I consider doing some tuning, but even without, I remain very happy with looks, drivability, power, and technology within the car.

Steven
Appreciate 1
jjasonSU194.00