View Single Post
      07-12-2017, 02:12 PM   #13
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Black X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime456 View Post
no problem bro. You would get no drone with the cutouts. If you were to put back the regular mufflers. Intstall the cutouts and keep them closed it would sound just like from factory. You have the option to open it with the flick of a switch or by remote. Ill try and post the setup im going with. Seen a few 535's with this and a shit load of m3s. Im mainly getting it to keep the car oem as possible in terms of sound and beastly when stepped on.
I think you and may be shooting for 2 different things. Sounds like you are looking to keep stock look but be able to sound mean whenever you would like.
Edit: I just saw your post discussing this and it sounds like you kept factory exhaust but you also have the M6 diffuser. You have the 640 right? I think that you only have one outlet so you may have other options than I do.

For me, I just care about the look and only a little about sound. With my rear M6 valence and CF diffuser, I have to have quad tips that are at the minimum 3.5" (89mm) but ideally 4.0" (102mm) each in diameter to fill the void. The rectangular tip on the 650 muffler can be removed and dual tips can be installed (there are 2 outlets on each muffler) but those outlets can only accommodate a 3.0" tip max. That is just too small and therefore I had to get rid of my muffler. Next option for me was the delete and though I love the look (currently have 89mm tips but would have loved 102's), I can't deal with the drone.

For now, I am currently in a holding pattern hoping that FI (through discussion my vendor is having with them) makes good on what I ordered which is a 650 cat back exhaust with mufflers that can handle 102mm tips. In order for them to do this though, they would have to weld their M6 mufflers on to a 650 cat back pipe set up. That would be the ideal set up and would only require slight hanger modifications on the mufflers.

If this does not work, I am hoping to get a full refund for sending back to the vendor (shipping at their expense) and then I will likely try to procure some M6/M5 mufflers and fit some 102mm tips on them. That will give me the look I am going for, no more drone (or MUCH reduced) and little more growl. If I need more growl though, this cutout option seems like a good one!

Last edited by MSUGOGRN; 07-12-2017 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0