View Single Post
      04-15-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

M Drivers Pack Retrofit on UK M6

My other half fancied a trip to Berlin so I saw a good opportunity to drive there and stretch my M6's legs - you know, using it for it's intended purpose which is to cross a continent, preferably flat out on the autobahn Not sure she's quite so enthusiastic but she's being tolerant nonetheless.

On the way, I'm also stopping off at the BMW dealer in Aachen to have the M Drivers Pack retrofitted (190mph limiter, not available in the UK) - hopefully it'll work on my UK-spec car meaning I can swerve the frustration of the (frankly ridiculous) 155 limiter, which the car can hit in literally seconds.

Hats off the AC Schnitzer here - I contacted them to buy their speed limit removal product as they're one of the few in Europe who have managed to break the code for the speed limiter, backed up by a proper warranty too. However, they couldn't do it on my car (it needs the M Drivers Pack in the first instance apparently) but they did help me liaise with the BMW dealer (where their HQ is based) to get BMW's official product

Anyway, a few gratuitous pictures as of my nicely waxed M6 just before we leave.

A clean car is a faster car, right? San Marino blue looks incredible in the sunlight but I'm sure it won't look like this in a few days......

Last edited by Palmnuts; 04-20-2014 at 03:18 AM.. Reason: More appropriate title
Appreciate 0