12-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
fitmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFJWH View Post
I quoted it locally and it came back at $950 plus another $200 for the full hood. That seems like quite a bit more than what was listed above. Any thoughts?
The "Full" kit go for around $300 to $350 using 3M material. I paid $350 and that includes all the pieces mentioned above. Smaller kits are available for a lower price. 3M provided a template for retailers, pretty much a computer program and a printer die cutter. I got mine on eBay but you want to make sure the material is 3M. Others are out there but they yellow and don't have the shine like the 3M material. I shopped around local tint shops and got 2 quotes one was $150 and the other was $250 for installation. I would highly recommend getting it installed professionally. Its amazing that a flat piece of material can bend and conform to all the curves on a car, but the pros can do it with a heat gun. Just the headlights alone will cost you $60 if purchased separately. I have no regrets and was really pleased with the results. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0