View Single Post
      10-23-2023, 07:45 AM   #21
TGrits10
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i GC

I'm on my 2nd or 3rd rounds of PS4s’s all around, and have played with the pressures quite a bit. Here're my findings:

TLDR: 34F / 32R

Front - I want to run as much pressure as possible to help with even wear, but have to keep it below 35 cold or tramlining gets bad, particularly on long drives where the tires heat up and pressures rise. Happy place is probably 34 cold? And then if I go to an autox I have to bleed out a little air after the first runs to keep the pressure (hot) at about 40 to maximize grip. The wear still ends up being concentrated on the shoulders, especially inner, which is inevitable for the front axle I guess.

Rear - I've been seeing shockingly even wear with very low pressures, like 30-32 cold, where the inner corner gives up the ghost just before the center area goes bald. The lower pressures are needed for both ride and handling, as I find harshness over bumps and pointy handling increasing dramatically with rising rear pressures. For this same reason I bump up the pressure at autox to help the car rotate better, essentially dialing out some of the factory understeer bias by destabilizing the rear a little.

Last edited by TGrits10; 10-23-2023 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: Clarity
Appreciate 0