View Single Post
      05-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
The article is pretty good. I completely agree with his point that the M Sport package is a must. I drove a non-M for my test drive back in October 2011 and again in February while at the Performance Center, and both times I walked away unimpressed with the exhaust note. The first time I cranked an M Sport at the dealership I was shocked - as were the two salesmen standing next to me as this was one of the first M Sport coupes to make it to the dealership.

The following videos provide some idea of the exhaust note. The start-up sound is pretty representative. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to make another driving video on less congested roads. I haven't managed to capture the popping growl that the exhaust makes when you hit the higher RPMs in some situations. I'll try to get on that soon.

M Sport Exhaust at Start-up:

M Sport Exhaust while Driving:

As for the rest of the package...

1. The anthracite alcantara headliner is gorgeous. It's luxurious and sporty and works very well with the black Nappa dash and side Nappa trim on the doors.

2. The M steering wheel is thick and very comfortable. The normal steering wheel is nice, but I noticed that it felt a bit thin by comparison when driving the non-M convertible at the PC.

3. The aerodynamic body kit speaks for itself. The non-M coupe looks great, but M Sport makes the car look more aggressive. The car looks much better in the metal than it does in the pictures. I wasn't planning on getting it until I saw a Space Gray M Sport Coupe at my dealership.

4. The 2013s get shadowline - a very welcome change. I'm debating about getting my aluminum swapped for shadowline. I'm just very annoyed as it will cost about $1500. The package was $4400 in 2012 and it is the same in 2013... so, if I'm doing the math right, that means I'll be paying $5900 for the equivalent of the M Sport package in 2013.

5. The dead pedal with the stainless steel and rubber studs looks great in the driver's foot well. Small detail but looks great.

6. Rear diffuser - another sporty touch that works well with the overall look of the car.

7. ///M Door Sills - these look great, but it's disappointing that they aren't illuminated like the standard sills.

8. The 20" wheels (373M) are some of the best looking wheels in the BMW lineup. The downside is that they're a pain in the a$$ to clean - but don't let that stop you. They're worth it

Here are some more pics. I've posted these elsewhere, but doesn't hurt to do it again

Gotta give credit to Itinj. The car with the shadowline trim is his (he got it as a special order).

Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Last edited by southern6er22; 05-20-2012 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 0