08-28-2014, 03:13 AM   #48
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUK View Post
Ahhhh feel the love and passion in this thread.

One of the guys at work had one of the first GTR's in the UK, and he took me out in it, and performance wise, regardless of how the car decides to use its technical ability to put that power down was astounding. The only other car that made that impression on me from Japan was back in the early 2000's when my friend had an imported twin turbo Supra which was a pocket rocket.

They look mean, and match the games, and turn heads. However, for me personally, I wouldn't want one because (i'm old now) and I like my luxury.. Japanese cars have always had this desire for heaps of luxury plastic.

Take the humble Scooby or Evo.. they are not to my personal taste in looks, but there is no doubting the fact they are very well engineered cars, but the looks, and plastics ruin them for me.. but it keeps the costs down.

If they invested in decent interiors, then they really would find a new place in the market, but they may lose some of the people who like that.

Horses for course! but still all round fun cars. The Scooby's I've driven with Prodrive mods, were easily as good to drive as any M3 in its day, and half the price, but 1/10 the looks (I'm not a fan of ironing boards on the back)
Yes does play it's part, I like the Luxury now, the first test drive in the GTR shocked me for shear grunt, but after a few hours the drive wore thin.