View Single Post
      05-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
joe@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | F10 M5

New Clutch installed on my F13 M6 *pic heavy*

Hi Guys,

After multiple track days and pushing over 680hp/680tq my clutch was TOAST! The clutch started to clunk going into reverse and 1st. The clutch couldn't hold the power I was making and started to slip in every single gear. Even after changing the tune back to stock the clutch was still slipping.

I found South Side Performance, owned by Kris, who sold upgraded clutch packages. Andym3100k posted saying he upgraded his clutch too, so I made the call and talked to Kris for an hour trying to decide what to do. We ended up upgrading everything he had for the transmission. We changed the output basket to billet baskets, changed out the bearings in the pump to bronze bearings, changed out the old filter to a steel filter, and upgraded the clutch that can hold more than 900 ft/lbs of torque!

After 1.5 days of taking out the transmission and putting it back in, the car runs as it should. No more clunking and smooth as butter going into gears. I'm currently breaking in the clutch before tracking it at Auto Club in Fontana for Bimmerfest.

I want to thank Kris @ SSP for helping me through out this whole process. He answered my calls and gave me A LOT of support. Awesome company and a great person to deal with!

If anyone has questions feel free to contact me anytime.

*UPDATE* I broke in the clutch 500 miles Wednesday night. I was able to get on it and WOW the power is holding and it's SOLID! I'm excited to go to the track this saturday! Will post updates as the days go by.

Transmission

Flywheel

1/3/5/7 Clutch with OEM Basket (you can see the burnt marks on the plates)

1/3/5/7 Clutch plate damaged

1/3/5/7 Clutch plate burned

1/3/5/7 Clutch

1/3/5/7 Clutch BURNT to a crisp LOL

2/4/6 Clutch not as bad as the odd gears

NEW CLUTCH w/ Billet Baskets

New pump with Bronze Bearings

New Billet Baskets/Clutch/Lifetime Filter

Last edited by joe@trinityautosport; 05-22-2015 at 11:30 AM..
Appreciate 0