View Single Post
      12-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #77
TXAlex
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M8 Competition Gran Coupe

I test drove the RS7 before I purchased my 15' Gran Coupe. The RS7 was brutally fast but not fun to drive at all. The B&O system in the RS7 is sounds horrible and the user interface seemed like it was made for a 5 year old. Way too many menus to make small adjustments that should be readily accessible. 5 steps to change one tone seeing then you have to backup a menu and go to the next tone setting menu. Not ego at all and no meant for intelligent consumers. Interior was on par but not better than the M6 and I don't need a 5th door to put my nonexistent children's sports equipment in. The engine note of the RS7 reminded me a of a truck. at low RMP WOT it felt like the chassis was twisting slightly. I'm going to test drive one again now that I have 3700 miles on my M6 just to see if i'm just that biased but from my initial impressions of the RS7 I was quite simply bored.

I took my GC european delivery and it fit 1 large suitcase, 2 small suitcases and professional camera gear. We hit Germany, Italy, France, UK, Belgium and the Netherlands. Got the car up to 189 (after break-in/first service) on the autobahn (competition package) took several laps on the Ring. Got perhaps 10 traffic camera tickets and it was a great time in comfort the whole way.

When I see an RS7 they almost look identical to a regular A7 I don't get allure. The one think I did like about the RS7 was the sticking of the seat backs which I could take or leave it.

Last edited by TXAlex; 12-04-2014 at 08:55 AM..
Appreciate 0