View Single Post
      05-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #3
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrippey View Post
After having my car for a month and change and weather getting better, potholes being filled, I've finally started to put the car in Sport mode and drive this car like I drove my Audi TT (well almost as this GCFW is twice everything of the TT)

One thing I've noticed quickly is the grip, or lack thereof of these run flats. I mean I do not get any sense of security going fast and turning no matter how shallow the corner. Not that the car is soft, it's hard but I don't have confidence in the tires just yet.

For anyone in the NY, NJ and CT, you all know the Merritt Parkway, a pretty fun drive. I'm wondering if these tires are up for that road (two lanes for say 100 miles, curves, hills but fun, fun, fun)...

Is it just me, the tires (only 2400 miles thus far), maybe not warm enough or am I expecting too much?

For the record, I'm not racing or anything but I cruise safely anywhere between 80-100mph weather and roads permitting.

Thoughts?

Rippey
you need to get used to it. No I had no problem with those tires (with my previous 650i M-Sport package) at all even at curves turning very fast (over 80) in Sport+ mode traction off. Sometime I had your feeling while my M6 running in MDM mode, but now after about 7k miles I'm fine. I believe the issue that you are referring is not about tires since you are comparing the big heavy powerful BMW 6er to small light Audi TT with half power. watch this video. I think you are talking about what happens at 5:00 and car skids a lot. yes this is a big car but lots of fun and pretty stable after DSC does the job.

Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8

Last edited by M6-Coupe; 05-03-2014 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0