Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
So after weeks, perhaps even months of deliberation, I've placed an order for a BMW M Performance Exhaust with Carbon Fiber Tips.

I gave this a lot of thought, and did a lot of shopping around. First I secured the M branded Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tips from my preferred BMW dealership for around $1,300 for the set of 4. I preferred this option over the Akrapovic branded CF tips because the Akrapovic ones have a sort of dry carbon finish to them as opposed to the more traditional glossy finish in the M branded ones which match my wraparound carbon fiber diffuser a lot better.

Then I started shopping around for the exhaust system itself. My preferred shop, Specialty Automotive Treatments in Fort Lauderdale, was offering me the Akrapovic branded set (which is identical to the M Performance branded system) for a healthy discount. However, despite a lot of futile attempts by the folks at SAT, the guys at Akrapovic refused to provide them with a set without exhaust tips. This was an issue as I knew I definitely didn't want to use their tips, unless they were willing to ship me some in a gloss finish, which they also wouldn't do. The last option seemed to be ordering one from my dealership, which originally quoted me $8,500 for the exhaust. They later brought the price down to around $7,500 (still a lot higher than SAT's quote on the Akra) but were not willing to go any lower as they said it would prevent them from turning a profit.

There was also getbmwparts.com selling the system for $6,500 without tips but I hadn't dealt with them before and preferred to order such a big and expensive part through a dealership or performance shop for peace of mind.

In the end I found an out-of-state BMW dealership which had one in stock, it seems they had ordered it for a customer who left them hanging and were desperate to get rid of it. They sold it to me for slightly under $6,500 and I'm now waiting on the part to arrive. I'm going to have the guys at SAT handle the install as they already did an awesome job on my H&R springs, ClearBra, and custom front view camera. I'll keep you guys posted, document as much of this as I can and post pictures and video as soon as things start to move along.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 1