View Single Post
      12-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #57
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolitto View Post
If the M6 had less weight, I bet it would have overpassed in performance numbers the 911 Turbo S. The car weighs a lot, 300 Kg could be shaved off if lots of carbon fiber parts are used.
I doubt that. It already has significantly more power. We know that car is putting down well over 600 hp.

The thing you forget is that the 911 turbo actually has significant downforce at speed which the m6 doesn't thus being a more planted car. Downforce slows a car down as you very well know and to be under 30 sec 0-186 is astonishing for a car that has only 560 hp and actually does have downforce.

Lets also not forget that the 911 turbo is trapping well over 130 mph whereas the m6 is not even close to that, even though its a fast car. But the track times show you the M6 is really a one trick pony when it comes to performance. Its fast in a straight but fails to deliver the handling, dynamism, precision and feel that only a Porsche car. For those reasons I couldn't see myself ever driving the new m5/m6 in any version, my drives have left me beyond underwhelmed in them save for them being fast. But then again, any 550+ hp car with tons of tq, especially a serious underrate one is going to be a fast car.

The M6 has traction issues as is, lower weight would only add to the problem. Panamera Turbo and Turbo S are the same, they are super fast but heavy. If Porsche made a RWD Panamera Turbo S that would probably put up 911 Turbo S type numbers as it already puts down some serious performance and absolutely TROUNCES any BMW M car on the track. Its a full 3 and 5 sec faster than an f10 m5 and m3 on VIR which is an eternity.

Last edited by Wolfinwolfsclothing; 12-06-2013 at 06:47 AM..
Appreciate 0