View Single Post
      06-15-2012, 08:50 AM   #14
RDT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640d M Sport convertible

Firstly my apologies to RPB, it was insensitive given you've just taken delivery of yours, and after such a long wait, but I replied to Rancor without thinking. Don't get me wrong I'm delighted with my 6, but if it's an 8 out of 10, whilst the XKR is 9.5 in my humble opinion.

When I first saw the Jaguar in the showroom, I was bowled over by its beauty and let my heart rule my head, fully expecting it to under deliver, be unreliable etc - but quite the opposite. It purred along beautifully for 45,000 miles and never missed a beat. It was fast, quick, quiet and smooth. Drive position was exceptional and I've never sat in such a comfortable car. It came loaded as standard with all the extras you could wish for in the real world and I loved every minute I used to spend in it.

The BM I find rather clinical and unemotional. It's pretty enough, but not as pretty as the Jaguar. I find it a bit big inside and can't quite get as comfortable as I did in the Jag. Performance is great (but it's no V8) economy good etc. I've read a few reviews that find the BM hard to fault, but say it's not a car to fall in love with. I have to agree. I feel a bit disingenuous saying this, especially as everyone else seems to be totally besotted by the 6, but I guess that's why we're all here.

Happy to discuss further..
Appreciate 0