06-06-2018, 07:54 PM   #6
BM dnobagaV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
nice! It's amazing how fast the pricing for these cars have dropped. Post up some pics!

I agree the sport + settings for steering, throttle and suspension is overkill. BMW puts these in to allow you to drive the car as you "think" a M car should be, but we all know, the best about the M cars is how streetable and fast it is, so everyone dials it back to a more comfortable setting.

My daily driving is on D3 (and S3), sport suspension, sport steering, and to me, the sport steering is still a bit too heavy. I'd prefer the sport steering from my E9X servotronic setting.

I can't even tell you what my M2 settings are...it's just a bit more aggressive, so much so, it's almost not driveable on the street.

Also, one tip that I give everyone. In the D transmission settings, you should drive in D3. All other settings IMO, slips the clutch too much and also allows for driving at RPMs below 2k, which I feel like puts a lot of strain on the transmission.

Remember this is still mechanically a manual transmission. Would you drive a manual car that revs up to 7000 rpms in anything below 2k engine speed in gears 3-7? Hell no. You can hear the transmission strain.
Well, then that would make comfort mode obsolete because it keeps the RPM as low as possible for better MPG. I'm not going to daily in my AMG in sport mode or at super high revs. Just makes no sense.
Care to elaborate more? I might be lost on your explanation..
Appreciate 0