02-04-2024, 06:21 AM   #7
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mas View Post
For others with the same issue, part 13 in that picture is part number 51247273662 at the BMW dealer. But did you find out whether it's easy to replace?
It’s not real easy…but not too hard either. Ive seen DIYs…and you have to remove #12 in the diagram above to access the rubber grommet (#13).

The grommet is easy to replace once you’ve removed the trunk panel to access and remove the camera assembly. The grommet has stuff mounted in front of it which has to come off…then once clear…you simply remove the damaged grommet off the 4-6 tabs that secures it and insert the new one. You can see some of the holes/openings on each corner that secures the grommet.

You the put everything back. Again, it doesn’t look that difficult…you just need to remove some trunk trim and the cam unit.

If you do a google search using the 11 digit part number for the grommet…you may get a better idea and may even find a DIY. Good luck and take pics to update this thread if you go in to do it yourself.

EDIT:

Here’s a link to a post that has a PDF about the rear cam install for f chassis 6 series: https://www.6post.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=11

And here’s some screen captures from that PDF of the rear cam assembly that showed the several different screws you need to undo to remove the cam assembly from the trunk lid if you want to access and change the rubber grommet.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 02-04-2024 at 06:43 AM..
Appreciate 0