02-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #83
ToyotaBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Whitetintedwindows

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerM6 View Post
Okay lets just get a few things straight :

1) 0-200 the GTR did not use launch and neither did I we just hit the gas (my bad, I see my post is misleading)
2) I never said that M6 will beat a GTR on 1/4mile in fact I said GTR is faster (with launch)
3) If someone calls me a liar surely I have the right to challenge him?
4) Age? LOL what on earth does this have to do with anything?
5) Yes I bought it myself. (even if i didnt, i still beat the GTR)

I see my one post got deleted, not sure why?

I went on to say the following: I used to love the GTR and considered buying one but the GTR CULT that became so stong under the fanboys made me start disliking the GTR. Simple reason is that the GTR fanboys who most probably dont even own a car are always so outspoken and nothing can EVER beat a GTR. Not the GTR drivers, the gentleman I raced was impressed and he is a true GTR fanatic, he congratulated me and said : Well done I didnt expect the M6 to pull away from me" Hell neither did I! But at least he was a sportsman and congratulated me instead of crying and blaming everything.

Excuses range from :
1) The gtr was faulty 2) The GTR made me win 3) the video is a fake 4) The gtr driver cant drive etc etc..

There is the video, go look at it again. I won! The end..
I am not calling you a liar. What I am saying with the dragtimes.com numbers which are actual timed races at a dragstrip with dragstrip receipts so these are not magazine numbers. These are what people actually did in the quarter mile. From looking at those times the majority of the GT-R's posted was faster than the M6 and we are talking about 1second difference here. So it wasn't that close. So even from a roll it would have been much closer than what your first video looked like.
That brings me to the conclusion is that either there is something wrong those two GT-R's or those guys didn't know how to drive etc. I am not saying you are a liar. That is the conclusion from valid timeslips.
What I am saying you may have won but saying that the M6 in general is faster than the GT-R is insane. GT-R has been shown to run with 911turbo's all day and unless you are saying that you can beat a 911turbo than I think your videos are exception rather than the norm.

That said you are correct that you beat a GT-R no matter what anyone else says even though there are many reasons why you won, but congratulations in the end.

Lastly here is a video run by the M5board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVBr4VmW1c0

That M5 didn't pull away from the GT-R like you did in the video.
This is run by the M5board so no biases towards the GT-R that is for sure.
Appreciate 0