Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 G12 + 15 F06 + 17 F15

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by //MMachine View Post
My experience with CCB's was great until they started making noise. This was on an AMG - not a BMW, but for the most part most all CCB's act the same. I knew we'll in advanced before I ordered my AMG that CCB's were suppose to be noisy (so I read) but no one could ever tell me how loud they actually are... from my experience - they are extremely loud! Louder than a semi or a school bus with bad squeaky brakes. A few videos posted below show how loud and annoying of a noise they can generate. It's a loud harmonic type noise that never varies in frequency - always same tone - but varies in loudness though.

I ordered the CCB'S because of the 80k plus range before replacement and next to no brake dust (and they looked really fucking cool too with the gold (yellow) calipers - haha) ... but the hit or miss on whether your car will make the noise or not (some cars never make the noise while others will) was enough to deter me from ever ordering CCB's again. Yeah I did the occasional high speed bedding of the pads and pressure washing of calipers and rotor to get rid of noise - but was only temporary. Noise would always come back. I eventually sold the AMG due to being rear ended and making the excessive brake noise and got my M6. CCB's were off my list of must have items...

Also with the carbon ceramic rotors I liked the fact that they will never oxidize (hate the instant rust when I wash my cast iron ones) and will also wear much longer.

Never drove too much in rain but never had issues... the rain actually did keep brakes from making that annoying noise though.

Sounds terrible
Appreciate 0