02-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #69
Aro1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 DCT, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiavelM3 View Post
Oh ok, so you let me get this straight:
1. You have a GTR but don't street\drag race your cars (even though there are race tracks and 1/4 mile strips that offer "legal" racing)
2. You go by what "others" post on the web and vids but not your own results so, everyone else's results, that beat a GTR, is null and void.
3. You claim it was a "bad driver" in the GTR, yet you don't have any vids or URL's of your own driving skill
4. You "own" a GTR and because "others" on the web say its the fastest then, it has to be

Does that about cover it? LOL
1) No I don't think you have to street/drag race to justify owning a sports car. I do track my cars occasionally, but as you probably know most GTR drivers don't. I know several guys that just use them as daily drivers. They are expensive to track for some. I don't make videos of myself driving my car, esp. not street racing with a musical theme.
2) I have done plenty of runs with my car on a closed road. Same with the f10 m5. No I didn't take videos and we were not racing. A buddy of mine does like to drag race and I've seen him demolish many cars in his lightly modded gtr.
3) I'm not bragging about my skills but in that video it appears the GTR is not accelerating hard enough, possibly in the wrong gear. M6 should not be pulling that hard on a GTR, esp a 2012+. Something is definitely off.
4) I own it and several other sports cars because I enjoy them. I don't have to street race or be a professional driver to know which car is faster. You are bragging that your car is faster which simply isn't true. You may have one the race but it wasn't because the m6 is a faster car.

That about covers it

Last edited by Aro1; 02-11-2013 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 0