southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdomPHD View Post
And I'm in the same boat as you with the insurance scenario, they want to charge me $500 plus a month for a 2009 e60 M5...a new 650 coupe would make their heads explode. I've never had a wreck and only one ticket.. I'm just under 25 lol. But your car looks awesome and sounds awesome, as do all BMWs!!
Thanks! I'm pretty much in love with my car... which is reflected by my fuel consumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
It is interesting that press cars are showing up with the Ceramic brake option when it won't be available to purchase for quite some time yet.

Sounds like the car is a blast to drive though, as expected.
Apparently all of the M5s at the PC have the ceramic brake option. I'm wondering if it is a material shortage or provider issue of some sort? Idk a single thing about the engineering of ceramic brakes, but I doubt it's a delay with development since they put them on all of these demo cars.

I'm going to the PC for the 2-day school in January, and I can't wait to see how the M5 and M6 drive. The 650xi is more car than I need for a daily driver (not that I'd turn down an M6 ), so the M6 will be a great treat for track use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed2004 View Post
Where in Alabama do you live? Just asking because that looks precariously close to the roads I drive going back and fourth between Auburn and Huntsville.
Mobile. I agree that these roads do look very similar to just about every other (boring lol) interstate-adjacent part of the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterJon View Post
Mobile! I Grew up in Mobile and now am in Birmingham. Good to know some other Alabama folks are part of the community.
Not many of us around these forums. I've crossed paths with only one or two other Bama boys on Bimmerfest and Bimmerpost. Sad that the South (sans FL) has very little representation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I don't expect a 4200 lbs. car to feel like sports car. It just needs to be nimble for its size, and of course it should still be fast.
I don't think anyone expects the M6 to be a true competitor to the 911 as a "sports car" - physics dictates that given the size difference. BMW's engineers are just astonishing at defying what one would think is physically possible. I think a lot of people cross-shop the two cars while knowing good and well that they are not the same type of car - that's how I felt anyway. For me, the 6er was a much better fit for my daily driving needs than a 911. I'm never taking my car on a track, so I'd much rather deal with a little extra weight and have nav., 10 different audio sources, 20-way comfort seats, a cavernous trunk, a zillion speakers, and a huge sunroof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATS View Post
I really hope that the upcoming M3 breaks drastically away from this trend, but something tells me that it won't.
The article posted a couple days ago about this being the end of a true manual in the M5 mentioned that the M3 will always have a stick. I think that's a good sign for the ///M line, albeit a bit disappointing for the M5 and M6. I have the 8-speed auto in my 650xi, and it is brilliant. Even though I didn't go for the manual, I do appreciate that they made the 6-speed manual available as it speaks to the sporting heritage of BMW. Sadly that will be discontinued for 2013, if I remember correctly.
Appreciate 0