06-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
AVB-AMG
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5M

Garage List
M6 Driving Impressions.....

So far, it is an absolute blast....!

I have driven my M6 on dry roads and through torrential rain downpours and it hugs the road wonderfully. The up-to-date electronic features are dazzling and I really do prefer the latest BMW's iDrive by comparison to the current M-B Command System. The iDrive is more intuitive and I personally prefer its screen graphics and interface.

The M6 is a large car. The view over the long hood emphasizes that fact and the car does ride low, so that when I am parking anywhere there may be some form of raised concrete wheel barrier at the front of the parking spot, I am very cautious inching forward to it so I do not hit it or scrape my front spoiler/bumper.

Also the drivers seating position is very low, as it should be, so it does take getting used to coming from my M-B ML63 AMG where I sit quite high with a commanding view of the road.

I find that I am intentionally lowering the windows so I can hear that wonderful baritone / guttural engine exhaust sound as I back out of my driveway and proceed forward. It really does put a smile on my face, which essentially is the whole idea of purchasing a performance vehicle like this.

2016 BMW X5M
2014 BMW M6
2007 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG
2004 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG
Appreciate 0