View Single Post
      01-28-2014, 03:34 PM   #13
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
I looked at November residuals and January residuals. For many cars, the residuals are slightly higher in January than November (1 to 2%). Some are the same and the X5 is a percent lower.

It does appear (and make sense) that BMW adjusts their residuals based on many factors (demand for the car, age of the car, etc.). For instance the X6M had a residual of 50% when I leased my X6 50i in 2011 and now has a 57% residual (which is very interesting since currently a 2012 X6M black book is around $55K). So there is some mystery to all of this.

My experience with both my 2006 550 and my X6 were that the residuals were lower upon intro and higher when I leased.

So I think that LSM and I are both wrong as there does not seem to be a general rule here - just some analytics person at BMW messing with us.

You are right about that, BMW Financial will change the numbers to whatever they feel like will work best for them at that moment in time.

I remember when I leased the residual in October was 61 but it came down to 56 in November and it was 58 in September.

Typically a cars residual should be highest when released, but because BMW is leasing their own cars they can do whatever they want.
Appreciate 0