SouthernBoy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niklas View Post
Absolutely love your car man, it is very similar to what i am currently looking for except ill be getting the coupe, so i may bombard you with a bunch of questions..sorry not sorry haha

Questions:
1) Do you have adaptive drive?
2) If so, then is there a noticeable difference in ride quality from comfort to sport?
3) At night do the LED lights produce a more blue or white light?
4) Are the Msport seats comfy?
5) Can you feel the performance of the car? i.e do you get pushed back into the seat when you put the foot down?
6) Im a music producer/engineer myself so where would you say the B&O system shines and where does it fail?
7) So far what do you love the most about the car, any negative impressions yet?
8) Lastly, are you planning on doing any visual mods?

Thanks for your time man
1.) I don't have adaptive drive with ARS. The ride quality is still superb and each mode still makes the ride feel different in each mode.
2.) See answer to #1.
3.) White light. I don't see any blue at all.
4.) The M-Sport seats are comfortable, but they look exactly the same as the standard seats that were on the other one covered in Individual Amaro Brown Full Merino leather. The other one did have active front seats, but this one doesn't. I also drove a 640i convertible loaner for 4 weeks (and an M6 for 2 weeks) while they tried to fix the exposed airbag on the Individual and it had Active Front Seats. All it does is rock the seat from side to side. Did not reduce back pain on long trips. Not recommended.
5.) I can feel the performance of the car with the big V8, but it's not as exciting as I'd hoped it would be. It doesn't really push you back violently in the seat. It's just a very smooth car with a nice sounding engine and exhaust.
6.) The B&O system is very good at accuracy especially voice clarity, but lacks fullness no matter how you tune it. Vocals are clear, but not thick and full. It's treble is slightly harsh and distorted when loud, but even slightly annoying on low volume. Overall high volume listening is distorted. Bass is too clean and also lacks fullness if you are into bass. I use high bit-rate music files plugged in via USB in the armrest. Sometimes I listen to myself and it's fairly good, but not as good as in the basement studio on even the non high-end monitors in the den. Even using a high quality auxiliary cable is NOT recommended as it is extremely distorted on any volume in my opinion. CDs are also a bit flat.
7.) Honestly I love the compliments I receive. I've been at the beach since Saturday and I've had 3 people yell out the window on the road saying nice car. Never get that in my other cars unless I'm parked at a shop. I haven't had any problems yet which is great because I've never had a car that did not have at least a couple of annoying problems in the first 1,000 miles (except a Lexus IS which is a great car by the way). This is the first BMW I've ever owned that did not have a lot of problems.
8.) I won't be doing any mods to the car. I like the way it is right now.

I think you will love the 640d. They don't sell that model here in the US. I used to have a 2011 335d with that engine and it was very reliable (except for a belt that flew off and somehow managed to get out of the drop pan underneath in the first few thousand miles). You might miss the engine and exhaust sound though. But fuel economy is important these days especially here. I have noticed that Atlanta is the 2nd city in the US with highest amount of all-electric vehicle registrations so I don't think diesel has much of a future in America with Tesla rising up and BMW with their i3 they love to display everywhere in the metro area (plus the Nissan Leaf and Chevy Volt seem to be popular).

Appreciate 0