View Single Post
      05-24-2015, 01:34 PM   #4
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Not really interested in a 370Z though. Kinda tired of the super sporty. Between the Z and the FRS I'm kinda sportied out. I'm planning to sell both take some $$ out for house repairs and buy the G37 which is sporty but still very comfortable and livable for everyday driving.

I actually purchased the G37 at Carmax (yes I know I have never in my life bought or sold a car to Carmax, but believe it or not they gave me a decent offer on the FRS $2k less than I paid for it) knowing I had 5 days to get it checked out. First thing I did was take it to my dealer since it was under warranty and they are the ones that told me about the clutch assembly (which they will replace under warranty when I give them the go ahead) and that the transmission had been replaced at 20k miles.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm lazy. I don't want to fly out to CA to buy a car. And I'm not that picky about colors years etc. As long as its a Sport Coupe 6SPD in decent shape I'm happy. That being said I did look 200 miles around my area and picking are slim. I looked at a 2008 with 60k miles that was cheaper but was beat to shit, dash melting, brakes and rotors shot etc. Then you have a couple at the higher end with almost no miles IPL package and a $35k price tag.

So this one was the best compromise between condition and price, however the only hesitation I have with it is that transmission being replaced so early. I know the engines on these are solid, but the one weak point is the transmission.

Anyways I have a couple more days to decide if I'm going to keep it or take it back....
Appreciate 0