View Single Post
      09-04-2017, 10:39 AM   #6
F06M6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M6 GC SMB

Out of all three M cars I've owned. An E39 M5, an E60 M5 and the F06 M6 GC. I have to say that out of all of them the E39 was my favourite. By no means was it a light car but it just felt right. The E60 had a wonderful exhaust note, and it was an absolute blast when you heard it kickdown from 7th gear into 3rd and roar up to 8250rpm. The M6 is monstrously fast, it literally scares me sometimes how quickly it can get up to crazy speeds. The E39 though was just a proper drivers car. I had the ability to use all of it's power and enjoy throwing it around the corners. The E60 and F06 just have far too much power, you just can't use all of it. I must say that I loved the old manual box as well, it just worked in the E39. I know that BMW offer manual gearboxes in the E60 and F06 but they don't suit the character of the car. The SMG box of the E60 was appalling around town but great when you put it in M mode. They really stepped up the game with the new DCT box but it's so fast at shifting you hardly notice it, and I think that loses some of the character of the car. Don't get me wrong I love my M6 and I think it's a beautiful car, however as a drivers car. It's the E39 any day!

Appreciate 0