AgustaF4M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
1. I would not publicly mention you are adding something to your car that did not come from the factory (i.e. Launch Control). BMW does check out these forums and I have heard of people having warranty claims denied based on them seeing stuff like this. In short, if you have a powertrain failure and they find out you turned on launch control, you are toast.

2. The flashing brake lights sound cool as well -except, I believe you live in the land of attorneys and if you are rear ended and the other driver says "his tail lights were flashing", you are toast again.
These are all options that come standard on the car Dougy.. If I want to turn them on, it is at my leisure. That's like saying well BMW didn't turn on the AC controls so turning them on could cause you problems. I'll let you in on another secret, BMW can go and dance the Hully Gully for all I care, the car is leased and I pay a premium, if they don't like how I handle the car while it is in my possession they can feel free to take it off my hands and I'll gladly go get a Benz, Maserati, Audi, etc. BMW is more scared to lose our business rather than dealing with a few cars that have mods.

In regards to the flashing brakes, you're off base. A lawyer would state that the BMW function of flasshing the lights to gain the attention of the driver behind you should have further assisted in not causing the accident and I would still win, why do you think they made the feature in the first place? On some BMW cars in the US all of these come active, you just have to ask the dealer when you buy/lease the car and they will do anything you want with coding. Once you're out they will charge over $250, so I went the cheaper route is all.
I second that motion, had this guy code my 650 and my 2014X5. He will be doing my friend's '13 M5.
Very reliable.
Appreciate 0