Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Point & Shoot (for wife) recommendations

Subject Matter Experts!
I am looking for some advice. My girl told me that she wants a new camera for her birthday (July). I have begun the research process and was hoping some of you could point me in the right direction.

She is a working/busy woman and likes to snap a lot of shots of the kids and daily "fun" stuff, Family hanging out, bbq's, things of that nature. She likes to have the camera with her at all times so it has to be somewhat smaller/portable.

I was looking at the usual suspects: Sony NEC, Canon EOS, ect. But I think those may be too bulky? I like the photos that the DSLR take that I see on the forum, but this isnt for me, its for her and portability and semi-great photos is key. Something that focuses quickly would prob help... She drinks a lot of coffee, shes German. (I love their cars and women. And food. And beer.)

I have Photoshop Elements at the moment, full version, so I can always touch up the photos should the need arise. Anyway, any opinions would be great. Should we go with a DSLR or a standard point/shoot? Price range would be in the $500s. Thanks for the help!