View Single Post
      07-06-2016, 08:14 PM   #10
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Thanks for all of the additional data points guys. To be honest, given that my 550xi is loaded (and only 16k miles on it), and the 6GC won't have much of anything different (feature wise - just looks/style), I'm having second thoughts as to whether I want to swap out given how horrendous the depreciation appears to be on these cars.

Competitive quotes from 3 other dealers have started to roll in. Best deal so far is one offering sale price of $102k and change on $111k MSRP... but his lease prices are still garbage ($1,400+/mo with 36/10k). BMW's finance rates on CPO are very competitive, but their new car rates don't appear great. Best I'm seeing is 2.49%. My local dealer tells me he can match my CU @ 1.9%.

Doug, I hear you loud and clear - the options getting little or no trade-in credit later are certainly a concern. My 550xi is loaded (and I fully enjoy the features), but I know it'll fetch little more (if anything) than a car with half the options. If the lease prices are really this terrible, I'd probably opt to purchase... but I'd need to commit to driving the car for 5 years or so to feel better about the depreciation. That's certainly doable - I've driven some of my past BMWs 5 - 6 years and thoroughly enjoyed it... but I'm not confident the TTV8 on this car is solid bet for that timeframe w/o issues.

The fiscal conservative in me is saying to keep the 550xi - it's still hardly broken in at 16k miles, and the 6GC would really only give me a new style of car but pretty much the same options/features/engine. The "car guy" in me, however, wants to swap out and experience something different.
Appreciate 0