07-06-2016, 11:05 AM   #5
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Notice Walt's post - then take into account that his $54K is probably high and/or retail. The cars are going through the auction for less I believe (basing off what my dealer tells me every time I think about getting out of my lease).

So here is the deal...this car depreciates like a rock. You would be MUCH better off to find a BMW program car and lease that or buy used. Purchasing or even leasing one of these new - especially one you order (which lowers your chance of a large discount even more) is just not the smart money move.
Yeah, I'm getting the sense that depreciation on these cars is some of the worst I've ever seen.

I've never been into used/CPO cars. It's clearly the smartest decision (buying 2 years old or so) - but I enjoy getting a car brand-spanking new and not thinking about who had their hands on the wheel or butt in the seat prior. In the case of the GC, the '17 also seems to add the updated iDrive 5.0 which is appealing. But all of that said, given the egregious price variance between new and 2 years old, I may think more carefully about it... if there was truly a perfect (fully loaded and low mileage) example out there.

I've put out 4 quote requests through Edmunds to local dealers - they're just starting to reach out this morning, so I'll see what some competition yields. Finance rates through 3rd parties (like PenFed) are very, very low, so unless there was a compelling lease offer, I'm leaning towards just financing.

Anyone here that leased new/bought new and can share their numbers? What kind of discount are you guys getting? Looks like MSRP of $111k on the car I've configured would yield about a $103k invoice.
Appreciate 0