View Single Post
      02-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Haha thanks for the kind words!

Swap a lease. . .

Go to www.swapalease.com for more info. There are a couple of other posts on these boards from members who have done it before if you search around a bit (this will be my first attempt), but long story short you pay them a fee (roughly $400-500) to put your car up, list your car at your going lease rate OR list it at a slightly lower rate (you can pay potential buyers an "incentive" to lower the payments if nobody is picking up the swap), they credit check potential buyers and streamline the swap, and then you owe BMW *I believe $650 for a change of contract. That's pretty much all there is to it. It's a great service because it effectively eliminates one of the biggest downsides to leasing cars, as you're no longer stuck in one if things change financially (or if you get a dirty pawed little friend).

In essence its almost like sub-letting an apartment, but for all intensive purposes the new lessee is responsible for the car. If you have a decent lease rate it is generally attractive for potential swappers because they don't have to put a down payment up, and some people don't necessarily want a cookie cutter 3 year 1200 mile lease etc. I'll keep your info Samurai, very likely I'll be jumping ship for an M3 towards June/July. . . I'm too busy with work to bother any sooner then that, and I'm not really going to be in a massive rush since I have a great car in the mean time.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0