View Single Post
      03-06-2024, 03:38 AM   #5
nmirza
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d GC

Thank you so much for the reply guys.

My mechanic took the car in on Tuesday and to my shock he has identified that all 4 brake discs have warped. Fronts are worse than the rears. He has suggested that this will have to be the first thing to change and see if any vibrations persist to look at other components.

Has anyone ever come across all 4 discs warping?

Mechanic has suggested that it could be an ABS issue but no codes have come up. I did suggest that a set of discs and pads where put on 'new' from the garage I bought it from back in June - could have started from that?

He has taken a look at suspension components/control arms etc. and has said there is some deterioration but it's in-keeping with age of the vehicle and not much to worry about. There isn't any play in the bushings.

He did note that one of the rear pads was stuck in carrier so 'maybe' contributing factor - which now that I think about think the garage I bought the car from had the rear's renewed.

I'm still not 100% sold on warped discs causing vibrations even when you don't use the brakes however mechanic said the discs were very badly warped.

I have taken your suggestion and asked that while he changes over to new discs and pads that the hub centric rings are looked into too.
Appreciate 0