04-11-2015, 02:27 AM   #19
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
M6 will be produced 2-3 more years (by the end of 2017 or early 2018) , so they may want to introduce CP a bit later (mid-year) to have some attraction for those already have M6 and wants to replace it with newer and more powerful model or those still need more powerful BMW. In fact BMW is buying time to be in market for another 2-3 years... make sense?
It did make sense, up until that part about BMW "buying time to be in the market for another 2-3 years". What happens then? Or is this just the standard car company thing of looking 2-3 years down the road?

Actually I believe design and product cycles are closer to 5 or 6 years but the hard core look (committed to actually making something specific and any hope of changing things has passsed) is around 3 years from what I have seen - at least with the domestics. I would imagine about everyone is on a similar schedule. It's just the logistics of making that many of one thing and getting all your suppliers in line - just in time scheduling, etc.

Last edited by chask; 04-11-2015 at 03:46 AM..
Appreciate 0