View Single Post
      04-10-2015, 04:02 PM   #10
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

I have been reading here that the 2016 B6 has 600 bhp. Maybe BMW has something similar in mind for the M6, or even more with the CP (when or if they release it). The people at my dealership all say that the M is the flagship of the performance line, even more than the Alpina models. They seem to feel the M's will always be the hottest of the BMW lineup. This would fit with the 2014 lineup and what I have seen of the 2015 - the Alpina has a bit less horsepower but a bit more torque at a lower RPM. If that is the thinking and it prevails into the 2016 models, I wonder what kind of bhp the M6 will have and with the competition package. Does anybody know what the bhp rating is for the non-CP 2016 M6?

I'm kind of regretting I did not hold off and get one with the CP. Certainly the car has a lot of hp but a few more sure would not hurt. What in addition to some tuning do you actually get with the CP? The stuff I see online is a bit vague and/or ambiguous. Personally, I wish they had a bit more displacement (bore it out to maybe 4.7-4.8 liters) and about 5 more psi boost. That ought to be good for about 675-700 bhp. As much as I love my new one, listening to you all has me already thinking about the next one, most likely a 2017 with all the goodies - CP, brakes, NV, B&O (or whatever the premium is), DA, and Exec.
Appreciate 0