United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokenHands
Exciting evolution, Scott. Love the style and design of my current 6er Gran Coupe but would certainly upgrade to this when it becomes available - presuming 2016. It has elements of the current Z4 in lines and proportion and the Vision Luxury Concept (though I am still wondering who at BMW loves Cadillac)

Now please could we have three small things:

1. A powered boot lid
2. A panoramic sun-roof with electric blinds (not a cloth blind) - ideally fully venting not just tilt - helps make the shallow glasshouse more atmospheric
3. Proper channels in rear boot lid so water can drain off rear windscreen, to avoid it overflowing and soiling boot lid with watermarks and dirt.

(if i could squeeze one in - now 4)

4. Whoever designs the alloys, please don't run channels behind the spokes - they're a night mare to keep clean (read: skinned knuckles)

I know the boys will keep it low, wide, refined and not brash (like the 4er perhaps needs to be).

Thanks

AR
Seeing how BMW's usual generational life span is about 7 years, I'd be surprised if we see the new 6er hit the market before 2018 as a MY2019 (F12/13 6 Series went to market in 2011). Regardless, this sounds very enticing and I can't wait to see where BMW takes the next generation M6. I've really enjoyed the last two generations.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0