11-10-2020, 05:30 PM   #2
AccordTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i XDrive Gran Coupe M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideBimmer View Post
I recently purchased a used 2015 650i Gran Coupe. Mileage listed was ~58k. Service records confirm this as it was serviced in Aug with ~57k. After speaking with owner (pre-purchase), he informed me that he just replaced the cluster because it failed. He did not go through BMW (rightfully so as it's expensive) and instead purchased aftermarket and installed. Now the issue is the discrepancy in the mileage. New gauge cluster (at time of purchase/installation) listed ~75k. He was already working with BMW to get this fixed when i purchased the vehicle. But now I have it and obviously i can't expect him to continue trying to fix this. Obviously, BMW can fix this, but I would need to buy a cluster from them and have them install it, and that would be ~$1200+ installation. Does anyone know any other methods to get this fixed legally. It doesn't really affect me right now but WHEN/IF I ever get to the point of selling it, that 17k mile discrepancy could garner me a couple of thousand more $.
On these cars very very much doubt it. There is no user access to this input value. I never seen or heard of any tuner or programming stating they could access the bank. Dealership I think would only option. I'm guessing they may even have connect directly to the 'mother ship.'
Carbon Front Splitters
Carbon Rear Diffuser
Carbon Grilles
Powder Coated 373m Triple Bronze
CPG intakes
Arm catless downpipes
Arm charge pipes
Custom Snow Performance methanol injection
Custom exhaust, straight pipes to quad tips
Bootmod3 Stage 2
3.5 Tmaps
xHP Stage 3