gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian
Quote:
Originally Posted by adibaiz1 View Post
In order to do a proper ECU tune, you have to crack the code to get in, than you can load whatever you want in there and monitor everything properly and safely.
PP-Performance are the only ones that do that because they got a hook up with BOSCH who builds our ECU's. End of story...so the wait continues...for now.
I was told about the module but I was not informed it connected or acted as an intermediary between the sensors like the BMS. I was under the impression the module held a Infineon processor that held the 4 maps however I was not informed how it was connected to the car.

Jags told me PP-Performance sent the ECUs somewhere else to be programmed. I thought he mentioned Alpina but I could be wrong. He definitely said PP-P didn't do them in house though. Maybe they send them to Bosch, Bosch unlocks them, and sends them back? That seems a bit sketchy though don't you think? Why would Bosch do that when they more than likely have an agreement in place with BMW? Seems like a huge conflict of interest and probably violation of agreement with BMW.

So many conflicting stories and bullshit in the tuning business. I guess everyone has to be bigger, better, faster, and everyone else sucks. Not ranting against anyone on here -- just a general statement. I just want my damn car tuned correctly and safely without all the BS.

Brian
Brian they are just selling the "press tune " that everyone uses . No more no less . No one has cracked the ECU . They claimed 666whp tune only back in 2012 and it's just as much bullshit as it was back then . Run away sir , run away .
Appreciate 0