04-05-2015, 04:52 AM   #18
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
Well...I'm currently getting into another m6.

After that- I'm looking to go green- and if the i8s interior gets upgraded- that may be a viable option
Quote:
Right? I mean other than the digital drivers dash, my lord- I felt like I was in my Toyota Yaris!

For 150k+, I'd at least want the current m6 interior quality- At the very minimum!
I'm in total agreement. Green is the best way, and the sooner the better. Unfortunately the technology is not quite where we need it to be - not yet.
Right now there are so many inefficiencies in production and distribution of electricity that using an outlet to charge one is worse than driving a gasoline engine - at least that is what the experts say (causes more pollution). And from what I hear the difference is not insignificant. But we are getting close, or at least much closer. I think the hybrid cars (like the i8) are the best hope in the near future. hopefully it won't be long before everyone's circumstances and driving needs/desires can be accommodated by green transportation.

Quote:
Right? I mean other than the digital drivers dash, my lord- I felt like I was in my Toyota Yaris!

For 150k+, I'd at least want the current m6 interior quality- At the very minimum!
+1!! I've yet to see one other than in pictures so I have no idea what the interior really looks like. For that kind of money I'd want at least what the quality that the M6 has too.

As for getting to see one up close, it looks like I'll have to hope to run into one around town. My dealer has already sold the first 10 they will get and the ones that have already been delivered to customers left the lot within minutes - and I mean just a few. One of my friends who works there told me he could call me as the truck rolled in and the car would be gone by the time I drove up there. The two or three they have received were gone in less than 15-20 minutes.

Speaking of that kind of money - I saw one dealer website where they were asking 250K for their i8. At almost 70% over list the interior had better look very posh and have a ton of high tech functionality, much better than the current M6.
Appreciate 1