View Single Post
      07-04-2011, 11:33 PM   #11
Zunkung
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 318ise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
lol. Where in my post said anything about 6 series being in the same class? For nearly $20,000 more, what the hell do we get in the 6 series? "honker just lands like poop on a princess" front? I think you need to read our statements more clearly. We never said 6 series is in same class as S5 or E Coupe. What makes 6 series so damn pricey and different from other competitions? you tell me.
It's a big fat luxurious coupe with unnecessary price tag that doesn't even satisfy technological enthusiasts. 6 series was never the key model or selling like hotcakes in BMW division anyway.

That is not a "hole". It is a hole that BMW has in its market segment. Chassis, yes, it matters, but for average buyers, does it? No, in my opinion. By the way, I knew the S5 and E Coupe were sharing chassis with younger siblings probably before you knew as I was keeping eye on those vehicles since it came out. As long as they provide a car that customers are looking for, they fill in the gap and capture the specific market segment. Why do you even need a new chassis when C class sedan's chassis can be perfectly translated into a spacious E coupe with luxurious amenities? S5 and E coupe still pulls above average numbers. Not everyone in this segment look for how much G it can pull or how sporty the steering feels. Such move (chassis sharing) is a marketing strategy and cost saving strategic movement. I support it. Why not? S5 and E-Coupe is selling pretty damn well.

So which "class" is 6 series in? A poor man's Mercedes CL550? Give me a break. Sorry, bigger car in a higher level of class and $20,000 less price tag works for me. It will still be fast as, if not, faster than 650 in straightline, provides all the technology and luxury the 6 series offers, AND looks better. Forget the 6 series.
That's true,, there is no where in your post that stated that 6 series is being in the same class with S5 or E-coupe however,, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO COMPARE OR TALK ABOUT THE 6 SERIES WITH THOSE TWO CARS SINCE YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOT IN THE SAME CLASS ANYWAY? I understand that you love those two cars more than the 6 series,, which I really understand,,, S5: nothing to talk about it looks, and Quattro system is pretty good imo. E-Coupe: I like it looks actually have to admit it, however, definitely not how it feels to drive. AND IF I'm really considering about to get a car on this segment I WILL DEFINITELY ADD ONE MORE CHOICE INTO MY CONSIDERATION "3 SERIES COUPE", NOT "6 SERIES". Also, I believe I don't even have to consider about it,,, I actually just going to take the 3 series coupe over those two cars anyday. And YES! My belief is that the 6 series is right on that same class as the CL-CLASS for mercedes, at lease here, from this side of the world. It is on the same class but aim for slightly different type of buyer in taste and style. I actually really like the looks of this new 6 series especially when I saw it in the showroom here with my own eyes, it actually looks better in real life than those are in the photos,, A LOT BETTER, I MEAN.
Appreciate 0