05-22-2018, 12:40 PM   #11551
Terry989
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X1 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsed65 View Post
For BIF there is never enough lens
A very unfortunate but true statement! I have been holding off on a longer lens to see what Sony or third party vendors bring to the show. A new Sony 400mm f2.8 is on the way, but will certainly be outside of what I'm willing to pay for a lens until I have more time to spend on photograph (currently a weekend hobby). I may trade in my 70-200MM for the Sony 100-400mm to hold me over until something better comes along. I know Dave gets fantastic results with his set-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebl View Post
That's a pretty bird.
First you get more lens then you figure out you need a better body so you can actually focus on it.
Then you realize you need the better quality longer lens.
A slippery slope.
I have progressed past stages 1 and 2 (Sony NEX 6 -> A6000 -> A6300 (still own) -> A7RIII (absolutely love!)

Stage 3 seems to be the steepest slope! As you can see from my discussion above, it's a much more difficult decision for me. For my long lens needs (more of a want than a need ), I'm still holding out for native Sony mount lenses even though most of the adapted Canon long lenses work relatively well on the A7RII. Nikon lens don't work well on the Sony which is unfortunate since they have some of the best and most innovative long lenses.

The slope is steep, but my wife agrees - - - there are worse vices in life!
-
Appreciate 0